Pet Care Plans For Aging Dogs
Your dog has reached their golden years and they need care tailored to aging dogs now. Our pet care plans for aging dogs was created specifically for older dogs.
Special Care for Senior Dogs
Your dog has been with you for many years now and you’d love for them to be with you for many more. We want to help make that a reality for you and your pet.
While the age your dog is considered to be a senior varies between breeds, most dogs are considered to be a senior once they reach six years of age. As dogs grow older, they become vulnerable to age-related ailments, and they need a different level of care when compared to their younger counterparts.
We created our pet care plans for aging dogs with the goal of getting your senior dog the higher level of care they need without costing you an arm and a leg, so both you and your dog can enjoy your time together without stress.
Early Detection of Age-Related Illness
Preventative care is a vital part of keeping your dog healthy, no matter their age, but it’s even more important for aging dogs. With age comes the increased risk of age-related issues, many of which have the potential to become serious or life-threatening if not detected early enough.
Senior dogs are more vulnerable to:
- Joint issues and inflammation. Arthritis is very common in senior dogs and may require specialized treatment to keep your dog pain free during their senior years.
- Obesity and diabetes. Many senior dogs experience decreased energy levels and a decreased desire to exercise or play, which can easily lead to weight gain. Your senior dog may need a change in diet, and we’d love to help you find the right diet.
- Disease. From gum disease to thyroid issues, to kidney disease, senior dogs are more vulnerable to them all.
- Loss of vision and cataracts.
- Cancer. Cancer is a terrifying prospect for many pet owners, but unfortunately, your dog’s risk of cancer increases as they age. Regular screenings are a must.
What’s Included in the Aging Dog Pet Care Plan?
- 2 wellness examinations
- 1 extended examination
- Core vaccinations
- Heartworm, ehrlichia, lyme, & anaplasmosis screening
(parvo, distemper, adenovirus, hepatitis, leptospirosis, influenza (both strains), bordetella, rabies)
- Fecal screening w/ Giardia
- 12 months of Simparica
(flea and tick protection)
- 12 months of ProHeart® injectable
(heartworm / intestinal parasite prevention)
- 4 toenail trimmings
- 10% off products and services not mentioned above
(excluding veterinary prescription diets and boarding)
The Best Care for the Best Price
Here at Companion Animal Medical Centre, we firmly believe that every dog, regardless of age, deserves the best care possible, no matter the budget of their owner. We never want price to be a barrier to your pet getting the medical attention they need.
Our pet care plans for dogs are designed to cover the yearly health care needs of your dog with a simple monthly payment of $43.25-$51.54 depending on the size of your dog.
Our goal is to make year round care as accessible as possible for all owners. On average, our pet care plans save owners $200 or more dollars a year and your pet will receive only the finest of care. No hidden fees, no rushed appointments, or lowered standards of care.
Shop For Holistic Pet Products
If you are into holistic care for your dog or cat, we are willing to be you want to make sure your pet is getting the best of the best when it comes to pet products. Dr. Steffen is happy to consult with you before you make a purchase to ensure you are getting exactly what you think you are!
Caring For Cats & Dogs in Greater Cincy!
Mo: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tu: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
We: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Fr: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Companion Animal Medical Centre
Your Local Veterinarian In Cincinnati, OH
922 OH-28, Unit C
Milford, OH 45150