We provide both core and optional vaccines for dogs and cats.
- Canine Distemper
- Feline Distemper
- Feline Calicivirus
- Feline Herpes
9 Facts About Vaccinating Your Pets
- Vaccinations prevent are one of the easiest but most effective ways to keep your cats and dogs safe.
- Vaccinations are far less expensive than paying for treatments for diseases that could have been prevented.
- Unvaccinated pets can pass on disease not only to other pets but also to their owners.
- Both dogs and cats love to engage in hunting behavior if given the chance. Pets can pick up disease from wildlife.
- If you are a KY resident, rabies vaccinations are required by law.
- If you plan to board your pet while traveling, they will need their vaccinations.
- If a disease mutates and a new strain is born, vaccinations ensure your pet has milder symptoms and an easier recovery if they come into contact with the new strain.
- Both feline and canine distemper is easily preventable with vaccinations, but in unvaccinated pets the death rate is over 80%. There is no cure.
- Like with humans, vaccinating your pets leads to herd immunity in your community, which in turn protects pets with immune system deficiencies.
For Disease Free Lives
It is an unfortunate fact that our pets are suspectible to many diseases, some of which are incurable and carry very high mortality rates. Vaccinating your pets is one of the easiest ways to protect them from potentially devastating illnesses and untimely death.
Many people feel that vaccinating their pets isn’t needed due to disease becoming more rare. However, these lower rates of disease is thanks to vaccinations. To continue the health of our pets and communities, vaccinations are necessary.
Companion Animal Medical Centre also offers titer testing for owners who want to maintain full protection for their pets without giving them unnecessary vaccinations.
AAHA Recommended Vaccinations
We follow AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) guidelines for all core and optional pet vaccinations.
Have questions about pet vaccinations? Check our FAQ or contact us. We are happy to answer any questions!
Caring For Cats and Dogs in Greater Cincinnati!
Mo: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tu: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
We: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Fr: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Sa: 8:00 AM - Noon
Companion Animal Medical Centre
Your Local Veterinarian In Cincinnati, OH
922 State Route 28, Unit C
Milford, OH 45150