Don’t be blind sided by a sudden illness. Preventative care allows us to catch potential concerns early, which allows us to begin treatment before it is too late.
Schedule your pet checkups one at a time, or save money with one of our pet care plans!
Regular Pet Checkups
Ongoing care for your pet is super easy at Companion Animal Medical Centre.
When you sign up for one of our care plans, you no longer have to worry about your pet’s health.
Our regular checkup plans include 2 checkups per year, a year’s supply of flea, tick, and heartworm preventative medicine, 4 nail clippings, an annual fecal screening, and 10% off all other products and services we offer.
Catch Potential Health Issues Early
Preventative care can identify issues such as diabetes, infestations such as fleas, ticks, and parasites, obesity, gum disease, and cancer before they can advance and grow into a serious detriment to the health of our companions. Early detection and treatment can make all the difference.
Not only will preventative care lead to a healthier, livelier, and longer life for your cats and dog, on average owners who bring their pets in for routine checkups save more money in the long run due to avoiding medical emergencies and expensive advanced treatments that could have been avoided with early detection. It’s a win-win for both you and your pet!
The symptoms of many common health issues for pets can be tough to detect on your own, even if you spend a great deal of time with your pets. Animals can be very skilled at hiding pain and discomfort, making it even more important your pets have thorough checkups by a veterinarian trained to spot health concerns early such as Dr. Gwendolyn Steffen.
Examples of preventative care we provide include wellness exams, dental cleanings, vaccinations, holistic services, spay and neuter, heartworm protection and prevention of infestations such as fleas, ticks, and internal parasites.
- Having your female cat or dog spayed reduces their risk of developing breast tumors, which are malignant or cancerous in 50% of dogs and 90% of cats.
- Neutering your male cat prevents unwanted behavior such as urine marking, roaming, fighting, and aggression.
- Pets are much safer when they're at home. Spaying or neutering helps prevent roaming behavior, making it far more likely your pets will stick close to home and be easier to locate in the unfortunate event they're lost.
- Kittens as young as 8 weeks old can be safely neutered or spayed, completely preventing your female cat from ever going into heat or your male cat from urine spraying.
- Having your pet spayed or neutered is much more cost effective than taking care of an unexpected litter of kittens.
- The number of both cats and dogs euthanized each year has been decreasing in part to spay and neuter campaigns. We'd love to see this continue!
- Your pets will be as sleek as ever! The idea that having your pet spayed or neutered will make them overweight is a myth.
Caring For Cats and Dogs in Greater Cincinnati!
Mo: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tu: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
We: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Fr: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Sa: 8:00 AM - Noon
Companion Animal Medical Centre
Your Local Veterinarian In Cincinnati, OH
922 State Route 28, Unit C
Milford, OH 45150