Spay or Neuter Services
Did you know over 1.5 million cats and dogs are euthanized each year due to overpopulation and overcrowded shelters? Sadly, there are just not enough homes available for all the dogs and cats out there who need one. Thankfully, that number has been steadily decreasing since 2011 and Companion Animal Medical Centre would love to see the numbers continue to go down.
Spaying your female pet or neutering your male pet does more than help to control pet overpopulation, it can greatly improve the life of both you and your pets.
Additional health benefits of sterilization include a longer lifespan, reduced risk of mammary gland and prostrate issues, protection from testicular and uterine cancer, no heat cycles or roaming behavior, and less aggressive behavior by both males and females.
Spay or Neuter Your Dog or Cat
If you do not plan to breed your dog or cat, the responsible thing to do is spay or neuter your pet. Along with all the noted benefits, you also won’t have to worry about unexpected babies entering your family! Puppies and kittens may be adorable, but they’re also expensive and require a lot of extra care, especially when they were a surprise!
9 Reasons to Spay or Neuter Your Cat or Dog
- Your female pet will live longer and healthier life and will avoid potential health risks like uterine cancer.
- Male pets experience major benefits from neutering such as being protected from testicular cancer and a lower risk of prostrate issues.
- You no longer have to worry about your female cat going into heat, and you’ll never be surprised by an unexpected litter of kittens.
- Your pets will be as handsome as ever. Spaying or neutering causing weight gain is a myth!
- Both male dogs and cats are less likely to stray from their home and wander.
- Male pets behave much better after neutering. It can be especially helpful for anxious or aggressive males.
- Highly cost-effective compared to caring for several little bundles of furry joy!
- It is better for our community as a whole.
- It helps prevent overpopulation and euthanasia of dogs and cats without homes.
Caring For Cats & Dogs in Greater Cincy!
Mo: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tu: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
We: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Fr: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Companion Animal Medical Centre
Your Local Veterinarian In Cincinnati, OH
922 OH-28, Unit C
Milford, OH 45150